Sherman Arthur Brittingham (Death From Gallbladder Surgery July 18th 1934, Age 49) Independence Sanitarium Indep. Mo



http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/


http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/anaesthesia/history/timeline05.html

Last Tuesday I had my gallbladder removed. Which brought back memories of what Dad told me about his father. My Dad was 11 years old in 1934 when his Dad died from the surgery. Grandma Brittingham said "they gave him to much ether" always made me wonder? I found the death certificate which list gallbladder problems and heart issues. I believe my Grandma. It seems he was a very healthy man until entering the hospital and never returning home to my Grandma who was left with 6 children to raise. My Grandma told me she was sitting by the phone in their home in Rich Hill awaiting surgery results from the hospital. She told me a bright "flash" of light swept through the house and then the phone rang, her husband was dead (she knew it).  I also found that he worked in KC at Franklin Ice Cream Corp. as a Driver. This I never knew.  What little I could find of Franklin Ice Cream Corp. in 1934 was a few articles and ads in the KC Star and the address of the plant at 1213 Harrison Street KCMO.

Comments

Popular Posts