Everett Paul Evans


http://whqlibdoc.who.int/bulletin/1959/Vol21/Vol21-No3/bulletin_1959_21(3)_309-319.pdf

Mom would ALWAYS tell me about her little brother who died at 4 months old. (Most of family memories she spoke of were on trips to and from the cemetery after my brother was buried there in 1966) Figuring her Mother's age when her brother was born, April 19, 1937, she was 47 years old and her 10th child. My Mom born in 1921 was 16 years old when he was born. As a 16 year old she vividly remembered the home death of your little brother. She rambled on-I never listened well enough. I never asked her what he died from? The death certificate states cause of death-Diarrhea and Enteritis enteritis [en″tĕ-ri´tis]
inflammation of the intestine, especially the small intestine, a general condition that can be produced by a variety of causes.Bacteria and certain viruses may infect the intestinal tract and produce symptoms of abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Similar effects may result from poisonous foods such as mushrooms and berries, or from a harmful chemical present in food or drink. 
Sounds to me like a medical condition that could have been treated? I guess living in a rural area that when he got sick they probably thought he was going to get well and he died. 
So Sad.....

Comments

Popular Posts