807 N. Main House Today





Today I went to Nevada to attend Martha's Mother's Funeral. After the funeral I went to visit the old house on Main Street. From the street it looked vacant. I drove in the driveway, closed my eyes and pictured how it used to be when we drove in the driveway and Dad would come out and meet us. Mom would be all dressed up waiting for us in the living room. Then I opened my eyes and saw the sad little house.

I bought this mail box for Mom and Dad and can remember the day Dad hung it. I tried to take it today (wrong I know) but Dad had attached it so strong to the concrete wall it would not budge!

 Some one was remodeling the house. The kitchen was gutted and these kitchen cabinets were in Mom and Dad's old bedroom (this is Mom and Dad's bedroom with a view to the front door) I had to take the pictures through the windows.
 Kitchen-you can see the little pantry door opened and the back wall where the hot water heater is.
 Kitchen
 Mom's utility room-where washer and dryer was, closet and bathroom.

 I remember ordering these awnings for Mom and Dad from Sears Catalog sometime in the late 80's early 90's. I also remember Dad and I hung them.

Mom's favorite window-the kitchen window

The tree's Dad brought home from the cemetery farm land and planted in the front yard.

Utility door leading to the garage which someone has turned the garage into 2 bedrooms.

Mom's utility room.


All that remained of the inside of the house as I knew it was a pile of the old kitchen cabinets. I did take this piece out of the trash pile to remember the little us where we grew up. The cabinets were knotty pine which were beautiful in it's glory days of the 1940's (the house was built in 1943) Mom painted them blue and apparently someone else painted them white. I plan to remove the white paint and make a picture frame out of them-something like glue the picture on the arch front of the cabinet trim that hung above the kitchen sink.

Comments

Popular Posts