Marilyn on Mac's Apartment Porch July 1959

I had blogged earlier about me sitting on Mac's apartment porch with a new Barbie doll he bought me and I can not find the picture? Marilyn brought me this picture and said here it is-I said that's not me that's you!

P.S. I forgot to say-Marilyn is "sporting" the $5.00 perm from "Lucill's" Beauty Shop in Nevada. Lucill was like "Flo" on the One Day at A Time TV Show! She was as big as life and so was her dark black hair, she wore a hot pink smock and was a walking soap opera about everyone and everything in Nevada! Her shop was on Cherry Street at the side of Kresses Dime Store on the square. Mom would give us both $5.00 and call Lucill and send us up to her shop to get the perms. We went by ourselves-I was 7 Marilyn was 9!

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts