Dad and Superbowl XLII Sunday, Feb. 3rd 2008


Dad had been in Joplin hospital since Jan. 29th, he was transferred to the Serenity Center on Sat, Feb. 2nd. On Sunday evening, Feb 3rd, Dad called Barbara and said "I need my glasses, the game is about to start" Barbara had no idea what, "the game is about to start meant?" Barbara and I had an appointment with the Center's Social Worker Bill Pate on Monday morning Feb. 4th. I got off work Sunday evening at 5:00 and drove to Nevada. Marilyn was staying with Mom. I went directly to visit Mom and then Marilyn and I went to the only restaurant/bar that was open at about 9:00 Sunday evening in Nevada. They were showing the Superbowl and we watched the Giants win. The next morning Barbara and I walked into Dad's room, he recognized us and said, "There's my daughter's" he then asked "Who won the Superbowl?" I said the NY Gaints, he said "Good!"

Comments

Popular Posts