My First Picture Probably 1953?


Several years ago Mom gave me an envelope of old negatives. I had our friend Mark Raynes, a Photographer print them. When I saw this picture I realized it was one I had NEVER seen before and it IS the very first picture of me EVER. There are no baby pictures of Marilyn or me. Because Mom and Dad did not have a camera when Marilyn and I were babies and toddlers. They also did not visit with relatives as much as they did when Barbara and Marty were babies and toddlers. The baby pictures of Barbara and Marty were taken by one of Mom's little sisters, I think Lola Mae or Rosa Lee. And Dad's little sister Opal Mae had a camera. She was a teenager when Mom and Dad got married.

When we lived on Spring Street (1956) we were all in the car heading to Lee's Summit to visit relatives, I think Aunt Stella and Uncle Max. That morning a drunk drives hit us head-on. I remember riding home in a Police Car. Mom said they had to get a Lawyer and sued the guy we hit them and got $10,000.00. This was a tremendous amount of money back then! Dad bought a new car and we went shopping in Joplin. Dad also bought a gold diamond ring and watch at a Jewelry Store, Dad was into Bling! The Jewelry also sold Argus Cameras which Dad made the best investment for our family. Little did we know how big an investment that preserved our family history would be. I recently gave the old Argus Camera to Marty to add to his camera collection.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts