Today Was Mom's Birthday


I wanted to post happy pictures of Mom. She would have been 87 today. The first picture is in the living room at the Main Street house 1988, age 67. The other is Spring Street 1958, she was 37 with six kids! This picture taken by the Church reminds me of June Cleaver! She had her poka-dot dress on and her lace apron. She looks so happy! Mom loved her birthdays, except for getting older! She always was so happy to get cards, gifts, birthday cakes and sometimes Barbara would make her a birthday pie! And most of all she loved visits and phone calls from the kids who could not visit her and Grandkids especially! Mom would always tell me on her birthday how old she was, she would say "Kaye, I'm 86 years old! I would say, Mom you don't look it! She would smile and say you have to have "Fortitute" when you get this old. I miss my Mom. She was an Angel!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts