"Piecing"



verb (used without object), pieced, piec·ing. Chiefly North Midland U.S. to eat small portions of food between meals; snack.

I can remember my Mom would never eat very much. She always ate small meals, she called it "piecing" She loved crackers and milk, jello with fruit cocktail and bananas. We never sat down to a full meal. My Dad who was a Policeman worked strange hours, there were six of us kids and we all went in different directions. There was always food but we never ate at the same time. My Mom was little, she always weighted around 90-100 pounds. My Dad did most of the cooking even if it was 11pm at night, He would fry up some Pork Chops, turn the Untouchable's on TV and make a night of it after working very hard all evening. Dining was on the living room coffee table! It was a fun life, very carefree! 

Comments

Popular Posts