Mary Louise Brittingham

When I found this picture at first I thought it was Mom. After researching and going through more pictures, I have determined this is Mary, Dad's little sister who died in 1936 at the age 3 from pneumonia. 

Mary was born in 1933, ten years after Dad. After Dad passed away I found this picture in Dad's chest drawer, carefully wrapped in plastic along with a thank you note out of the Rich Hill newspaper that Grandma Brittingham placed. Dad kept this picture since Mary's death. The story he told me was Mary was very sick and getting worse. Dad's mother told him to run across town and get the Doctor, by the time he  got back with the Doctor Mary had passed away. 

In the 1930's before the advent of antibiotics, pneumonia was the third-leading cause of death in the U.S. 

C:\Users\Kaye\Documents\Mary Louise Brittingham Death Certificate 10 13 1936.PDF


Comments

Popular Posts