The Murphy Family Attic Pictures left at 807 N. Main



Mom and Dad lived in the Main Street house built (1941) and owned by The Murphy Family for 43 years. We moved in when I was starting 3rd grade. They rented the house in 1960 for $60.00 a month and purchased it owner/finance in 1965 for $70.00 a month for 10 years. Sometime in the 90's Dad opened up the attic bedroom (which we called Galen's room) and found personal possessions of the Murphy's. Most destroyed by the extreme weather season changes and moths. The pictures, letter's, birth greeting cards and a  baby book, of Molly's their 1st child survived and Mom carefully put them in a Zip Lock bag and gave them to me. Since then I have searched for Molly Murphy, their daughter who was also all of us Brittingham kid's Jr. High Art Teacher in the  50's and 60's. 

After finding the pictures again while cleaning out my storage locker I went on a mission to search for 
Molly A. Murphy. Do you know how many Molly A. Murphy's there are? So I had used
 to find another important person in my life and what to my surprise I found Molly A. Murphy with a relative named Patty Murphy-BINGO! After $1.95 later I was having a conversation with Molly on the phone! She lives in Stonebridge MA. and is still teaching school, she is 70 years old. She was so happy and surprised that Mom and Me had kept her family pictures (mostly baby and toddler pictures of Molly) I told Molly I was going to mail the pictures to her and she was very thankful and happy. I hope to visit her when I go to MA to visit Marty, Amy, Flora and Charley the next time. I have boxed up the pictures etc and will send them to Molly tomorrow. I think another reason this makes me feel so good is that I was the 4th child in our family and there were no pictures of me as a baby or toddler until I was 3 and then there is maybe 2 snap shots that are not in focus. The first pictures of me as a child were on Cherry St. when I was 4 or 5 years old. Sad but true! So I wanted Molly to have her baby pictures.  
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts