Childhood Memories 1959







Sometimes the time Marilyn and I spent with Mack and Martha Braswell in the late 50's and early 60's seems like a Fairy tale. We visited Mack in his apartment in KC. Recently I wondered where that apartment was in KC, so I stopped by the Down Town Library and this nice lady helped me with the microfilm of the city directory in 1959. The listing was: Mack and Martha Braswell, 609 E. 40th Street KCMO (supervisor City National Bank and Trust Co. KCMO) so I drove by and took pictures. I vaguely remember the apartment, I was 7 and Marilyn was 9 years old. I do remember riding the Greyhound bus to KC with Martha, having sandwiches in the bus depot and trips to the Zoo and Plaza in KC. I also remember taking the pictures of me and Marilyn with the new dolls Mack and Martha bought us on Mack's porch at the apartment. Oh so happy memories! 

Comments

Popular Posts