Jo Linda Rogers, my 2nd grade friend

When I started 2nd grade at Franklin School I met a new friend, Jo Linda Rogers. We played on the play ground together, we had our desks side by side. I went to her house to play and she came to ours. One day when it was really cold Dad came home in the early evening and said he had to go back to work that Jo Linda was missing. I remember sitting on the couch and worrying about her. Where could she be it was dark, we always came home before dark and it was so cold and snowing! I sat by the front window waiting for Dad, who was a Police Officer to come back and tell me she was alright, but he come back and said they had found her drown in the creek behind her house. She was walking on the ice and fell through. She had followed her brother and his friend onto the ice after school, her brother told her to go away and they left her all alone. She turned back to go home and he said he did not see her again. I missed Jo Linda at school and often thought of her. Even today when I see a creek or hear the word ice and creek I think of Jo Linda. I google Jo Linda's name on googled news paper archives and found the old article, just as I had remembered how it happened when I was only 7 years old.


http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=wrEfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=PdcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=861,1507821&dq=nevada+mo+jo+linda+rogers&hl=en

Comments

Popular Posts