Vacation Bible School


While driving to a lease house listing around 71 highway and Troost today I turned down a street and right in front of me was this little neighborhood church with the vacation bible school sign in the front yard. It instantly brough back the memories of the little Nazarene Church that was  in our back yard neighborhood when we were growing up on Main Street. Whenever school was out for the summer I could not wait for Vacation Bible School to start! I LOVED IT! I think it was only me and Galen that went. We just walked over by ourselves and enrolled (no parent needed-unheard of these days)!!  They gave us work study books and arts and crafts supplies, we played outside and had cookies and Kool Aid everyday! One of the best memories of my childhood!

Comments

Popular Posts