Martha and Mack Braswell in Pictures From The Past

"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again."


Odie Braswell Mack's Nephew sent me these pictures of Mack. Mack is on the left in the darker glasses. When I got these pictures in the mail this morning I had not seen Mack's face since 1960. Lot's of fun, happy memories came flooding back! The others in the picture are Mack's sisters and brother.

Mack is the one in the front with the tie. This is exactly how I remembered him!
Martha Braswell with me and Marilyn at KC Zoo 1958.

Odie Braswell (Mack's Nephew I found on facebook) to Kaye-
Yes, Mack Braswell was my Uncle. I remember Uncle Mack and Aunt Martha Braswell before they got divorced in the late 1950's.
Kaye to Odie-
Martha and Mack lived next door to our family at 915 W. Cherry St. There were 6 of us kids and Martha and Mack did not have any children, they sort of "adopted" me and my sister Marilyn. Mack lived through the week in KC a banker I thought? anyway he came home on the weekends and Marilyn and I would spend the entire weekend with them. When he went back to KC there were times Martha took us on a Greyhound Bus to visit Mack in KC at his apartment somewhere around the Plaza on the E. side of KC. It was a very joyful time for all of us, we had so many adventures and so much fun! Martha and Mack took us to the KC Zoo, Starlight, Shopping, dining and movies on the Plaza, and baseball games. My big brother Marty even when with us once. Can you tell me any stories of Mack? He was a wonderful, kind man and I will NEVER forget him. Is he still alive? That would be so wonderful to see him!!

Odie to Kaye-
FYI. MACK BRASWELL DIED IN 1964 JACKSON COUNTY MO. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE KNOWN HE HAD TWO CHILDREN. A SON BORN 1922 DIED 1988. A DAUGHTER BORN 1927 DIED? I NEVER KNEW THEM. I DON'T KNOW WHEN HIS WIFE DIED
Oh, did you know him well? 

Odie to Kaye-
No don't remember him very well.

Kaye to Odie-
I met Martha and Mack when we moved to Cherry St. I was 5 years old so 1957. We moved from Cherry Street to Main Street when I was 8 years old so 1960 I started the 3rd grade. Martha and Mack divorced before we moved. Martha got remarried and I never saw Mack again and very little of her. Mack used to call us but my Dad would not let us talk to him without Martha. Mack called one last time it was Christmas after we moved to Main Street. Dad answered the phone and said he did not think it was a good idea for me and Marilyn to see him since Martha and him divorced. He told Dad he had Christmas gifts for all of us kids and wanted to bring them by the house. Dad let him and when Mack came I watched from the kitchen window, Dad would not let me go out to talk to Mack. I waved at him through the window. He handed Dad a large box and then left I never saw him again but I NEVER forgot him. Mack's 1st wife must had passed away and he married Martha? He never spoke of having children? He did use to let me drink coffee for breakfast with 7 teaspoons of sugar!

Comments

Popular Posts