Why do we visit cemetery's?


I read a article in the KC Star today about visiting cemetery's and keeping the memories of our loved one's alive-
"I was sitting on this wall gazing out over the cemetery, and all of a sudden I got it." "Our DNA is intrinsically intertwined in this property, integrated in this property. The spirits of my ancestors continue to exist here in this property, so I find, like my grandfather, I now come here for stength, I come here to commune with them"
Wayne Parks
Ex-slaves cemetery Arlington, VA.

Parks grandfather repeatedly took him, as a young child to the cemetery to explain the bond.

I think that is why Dad went to visit Marty there for over 40 years "the bond" between Dad, Mom and Marty had been moved there in Aug. 1966. Now, we go there to commune with Mom, Dad and Marty to keep the their spirits alive.

Comments

Popular Posts