Me-Lovin that new doll!

Today I was looking through Mom and Dad's old pictures that I saved for me and to scan for everyone. I found a picture of Dad in his Chief's car which had been on the front page of The Nevada Daily Mail. It was an article about "high" tech 2 way radio's just installed in the police cars. Well, I picked up the picture to scan and on the back side was this long lost picture of me I have been searching everywhere for!

In our old family album when I was around 14, I had glued the pictures onto the pages (this was good and it was bad) good that we never lost any of our pictures after I glued them in and bad that if anyone wanted a certain picture they would cut it out which damaged the pictue on the next page!

Dad had cut the police picture of him out and framed it, which left 2 pictures from the next page glued to the back of the picture. I am so happy I found this today! This was taken my Martha and Max while visiting Max's apartment in KC. He lived around The Plaza, 30th street? (Bill and I went back and visited the apartments years ago, boy did that bring back happy memories!) I forgot the address?? I will have to ask Bill again and go back to visit. It was a Colonnade apartment with a big front porch. They had taken Marilyn and I to the KC Zoo that day and stopped and bought us the dolls. Having 4 other brother's and sister's we only got dolls and stuff like them at christmas so this was a BIG TREAT! A doll in July! Unheard of when you grew up Brittingham!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts