The Electrified Donkey Song

Bill just left for Odessa, I was on my way down stairs to put on Dad's CD's and I remembered a silly song Dad used to have on one of his country records. I can remember playing the record up stairs on Main Street when I was probably 8 or 9. I remember the entire words to the song, we would play it and laugh the whole song-here it is! I bet Galen will remember this song.



THE ELECTRIFIED DONKEY (Ferlin Husky) JOHNNY HORTON (COLUMBIA 63742, 1959)
Well, I bought me a donkey, about four foot tall

To plough my cotton in the early fall

He's runnin' around, it was an awful sin

I had to build a fence to keep my donkey in
I rigged up the wire with a battery charge

To keep my donkey from a-running at large

Inside this bin I turned him loose

Thrilled by volts of electrified juice
[Chorus]Which way did my donkey go

If you see him let me know

I haven't seen my donkey since

He backed into that electrified fence
Now, the first time he backed up against it

He threw back his ears and he had a fit

He brayed real loud and he hit high gear

He jumped up into tyhe stratosphere
I just got word from Albuquerque

A donkey up there was looking for work

He's my donkey and his name is Jack

Oh, how I wish he'd come on back
Now, more word came from Palamar

A man up there was a-watching the star

While looking through his telescope

He nearly had himself a stroke
He saw something riding up the rainbow trail

Two long ears and a puckered up tail

This thing he saw when he 'firmed the states

Was a donkey heading for the pearly gates
Hee-haw (hee-haw)Hee-haw (hee-haw)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts