The Beginning of The End

Tomorrow November 30th is exactly one year ago to the day (it was Friday, November 30th 2007) that I rushed to Nevada to help Mom and Dad. Mom had been diagnosed in October with cancer of the uterus. I had just picked up an email from Barbara that said Dad was not well either. I was scheduled to work that day and had planned to go down over the weekend to check on them. I called Dad and told him I was on my way, he was so glad! He said Mom could not eat or get out of bed. I told him I would stop and get Kentucky Fried Chicken for them. When I got there Dad could not wait to eat, he ate like he had never seen food before! Mom was lying in bed with all her clothes and shoes on. She was so weak she could not get up and she could not eat. I tried to help her eat and drink something, but she could not.

After Dad ate he started cleaning. Apparantly he had been doing nothing but sitting by Mom's bed side for days. He cleaned the dishes, scrubbed all the floors and then cleaned the entire bathroom!

It was getting later in the afternoon. He then gave me a $100 and asked me to go to Walmart and buy Mom some new clothes. I went to Walmart and bought Mom some causal lounging clothes. When I got back to the house, I helped Mom to the shower and helped her get ready for bed. I then helped her to the living room and we watched Wheel of Fortune. Believe it or not, she guessed 2 puzzles before the contestant did! It was about 7:30 p.m. and I helped Mom to bed while Dad took a shower. Then he went to bed.

About 4:00 a.m. Mom got up to use the bathroom and was losing a tremondous amount of blood. She was screaming and by the time I heard her and got in there, she said "I told you I was bleeding" There was blood everywhere and Dad was cleaning it up. I do not know why I did not call the ambulance, I guess because we had did that several times before and they did not deal well with Doctors, hospitals, tests etc.

The next morning Mom was getting weaker and still lossing blood. It was about 8:00 and I said I am taking Mom to the Emergency Room now. Dad agreed and I helped Mom to my car and Dad followed after locking up the house. Mom was admitted to the hospital and she never went home again.

Dad stayed with Mom in a private room and I went back to the house to sleep. The next day (Sunday Dec.1st) I gave Dad the keys to a litte rental car I was driving (a Chevy Aveo) and he drove back to the house took a shower and then come back. This shocked Barbara when I told her for Dad had not driven his car for several months! I did not even think about Dad doing this, but afterwards I did and it really scared me!

Comments

Popular Posts