Kaye and Galen Katz Drug Store Kansas City 1963



This is one of my all time favorite pictures. Dad, as Chief of Police would drive to Kansas City once a week for Judo lessons. Across the parking lot from the Judo Studio was Katz Drug Store, corner of Main and 39th Street. This was such an "innocent" time for even with Dad as a Police Officer he let us run the block around Katz. Galen and I loved going with Dad and one of the other Police Officers, I think it was Mr. Woody, not sure? We took this picture in the Katz photo booth. I think the reason Galen and I are still close is we were 2 years and 1 month apart almost to the day. We did a lot of stuff together, some "dumb" stuff like running the streets of downtown Kansas City! I think in the family we were the "Risk" takers???
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts