I found this picture yesterday while cleaning my office. Of all things it was in my client file box? Dad gave me this picture to get enlarged sometime in 2006, after moving back to Nevada. I never got it enlarged or back to him. I feel bad now about not getting it done for him. When I would visit or talk to him on the phone he would say,"did you ever get that police picture enlarged"? Mom always told him he didn't need anymore police pictures! He did have a lot of pictures displayed in the living room.
This was when Dad was appointed Chief of Police in the early 1960's. This picture was in the Daily Mail newspaper. The gentleman in the suit is the City Manager, the gentlemen on the far right side by Dad is the janitors. The gentleman next to Dad on the left was Sterling James, he used to bring Dad home from his shifts on Cherry Street before Dad became Chief, we were always outside playing and Sterling would always give us nickels or dimes. Dad was proud of his force and insisted they ALWAYS be in proper uniform as he was.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts