Dad NEVER forgot



This is a Kelsey, Flora Story. Pictured is Kelsey on the left, now age 18 and Flora is on the right, now 2 & 1/2.
While visiting Marty, Amy, Flora and Charley I was reminded again what Dad remembered even the last weeks before he passed away. He was in ICU in Nevada Hospital, I think it was March 20th, 2008, we all were visiting, Dad looked at Galen and was talking to him about Kelsey going to college, and how smart her, Carter and Conner was and what good kids they were.
He then ALWAYS said and this would make him laugh, "I will never forget what Kelsey told me about her Daddy driving, she was in the back seat in her car seat, could not have been more than 2. Galen, me and Kelsey were in the car and Galen was driving, Kelsey said "My Daddy drives to Fast!" Dad NEVER forgot what she said and I heard it numerous times over the next 16 years.
While visiting Marty, Amy, Flora, Charley and I got into the car one day to head to the park, Flora said to her Mommy, "Don't drive to fast" I instantly remembered Dad's story about Kelsey. I am so glad the simple things in life make us happy! Dad and Mom Loved their Grandchildren and talked about all of them constantly. A visit from us "kids" as they called us and the grandkids was the highlight of their life!

Comments

Popular Posts