Memories of Dad by Friends & Family

Guests and Memorials in Memory of Stanley Lee Brittingham

There are 14 memorials entered.
From Marty Hergert,
Papa,We love and will miss you dearly. You devoted your life to your children and grandchildren and worked hard to make sure they were happy, healthy, and safe. It was wonderful to see you enjoy your great granddaughter Flora. You will live on in our memories and stories.Love,Marty, Amy, and Flora
From Georgia Pyle Graham,
Dear Barbara and family,I wish to express my sympathy on the passing of both of your parents. I appreciated your mother's kindness when I visited in your home when we were children and I also want to express my appreciation for the work your father did for the safety of Nevada.Sincerely,Georgia Pyle Graham
From winnie10@comcast.net,
To the family, My sincere sympathy to you. How very sad to lose both parents within such a short time. I have met many of the family members. I know them to be a loving and caring family, especially my dear daughter-in-law Kaye. May your many happy memories be a comfort to all. Sincerely, Winnie Murry
From McReynolds Family,
Dear Barbara and family,We are so sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. We will hold you in our hearts and prayers during this difficult, sad time. Sending you our love and thoughts,Priscilla, Wayne, Kyle, Joy and Heather
From Bob & Bonnie Holland,
Kaye,We know the last few months have been very difficult and challenging for you. Now your parents are together and happy in a better place. It's ironic that Bob met your Dad at work 25 years ago. We then met you in 2005 and have been good friends since that time. We are here for you and you and your family are in our prayers.
From Bob Murray,
TO THE FAMILY OF STANEVEN THOUGH I MET HIM WHEN WE WERE ON DIFFERENT SIDES, I CAME TO KNOW STAN AS A FRIEND, WHO ALWAYS HAD A GREAT SMILE AND A GOOD WORD, AND I AM DEEPLY SORRY TO LEARN OF HIS PASSING. I AM QUITE SURE HE WILL ENJOY ETERNITY WITH OUR MAKER.BOB MURRAY
From Terry & Donna Allen,
Dear Brittingham Family:We are so sorry to hear of the loss of Stanley. I know it must be very hard on all of you losing both parents so close together. I always remember that they were never far from one another so they are together again. Please know that all of you are in our prayers and thoughts.
From Greg & Carol Smetanka,
Dear Kaye,I will always remember your stories of growing up in Nevada and the fond recollections of your parents in a simpler time. You always said your dad was a proud man. Because of your family's kindness and devotion he was able to live a good life with dignity in his last remaining years, you should be proud of that. Our thoughts are with you today and in the coming weeks. Carol & Greg
From John Gurera,
My Dear Kaye,I am so sorry for your loss. I know in my heart your Dad is in a much better place now along side of your mother which is where he wants to be. It is so hard to loose a parent and you are having to grieve for both your parents so soon. God only gives us what we can handle and I know how much you hurt right now but He along with me and all your friends are always there for you. I know how proud your parents were of you and how you have done your very best to help them along the way. Grief is hard on us but with friends and family around, you will be comforted. You are a special person Kaye and deserve all good things. Stay strong and again I will always be there for you, a short phone call away. Take good care and my deepest sympathy.Your Friend Always,John G.
From Amy,
The very first time Marty brought me to Nevada to meet Papa and Grandma, Papa took us all for a ride around town in his big car. He never got it over 20 miles per hour, and stopped fully and carefully at each and every stop sign ... even though there wasn't another car to be seen for miles! Papa was so gentle and protective, and you knew right away he took the law seriously. As we drove, I got a narrative tour of town, and we also stopped to do some antiquing. Later, we ate Lamar's Donuts and looked at old photographs back at the house. I liked Marty's story about Papa watching late night showings of Andy Griffith and making toaster oven sandwiches in the living room the best! When Flora came on the scene, Papa instantly adored her. He always said, "She's such a smart, little girl" and marveled at her artwork and pictures. We'll miss Papa and we'll be sure to keep him alive with our memories and stories.
From LuAnn Weatherly,
So sorry to hear about the loss of both of your parents so close together. My thoughts are with you.
From Barbara and Robert Cubbage,
Memories of Dad would have to include his determination to take care of his family. He always worked more than one job just to make ends meet. One of his favorite sayings was, "Just take life one day at a time."
From Rod Conner,
Thurman,Just heard about your losses. Deepest sympathies to all of your family. I just wanted you to know I still remember the good old days and hanging out at your house. Loved both your parents, they always treated me as one of their own. If there is anything I can do to help please contact me.Rod Conner (tammyandrod@ctc.net)
From Andrew Hergert,
Papa,I will miss you dearly. I will always remember staying up late watching Gun smoke and making cheese sandwiches. Will remember helping you take down trees, and trips in the old RV.Love,Andrew

Comments

Popular Posts